Monday, July 12, 2010

All Hail the Mighty Salad!

Freddo Frog wrapper, 1930 source: http://www.c...Image via Wikipedia
You never know what your latest life-rope is going to be.  There are the conventional: walk along the beach, laughing with friends- virtually every life saver has been accounted for, and in the quest for instant sanity we are marched "Achtung!" into the next make-happy cure.

So never would have though the dinner salad would have done it for me.  I'm used to being saved by a hefty block of chocoate, maybe something deep-fried (doesn't matter what).  However, the joy of salad assemblage was only eclipsed by the eating.

Whoa- have I gone nutty, nut nuts? (Actually, Australian pecans mmmm)  After a day of computer inservice, a strawberry Freddo that almost sliced me in two with its sweetness and the unbearable cheerfulness of my well balanced colleagues who seemed to be coping with being back at work with a far-better game face than I could ever muster-the combination of rocket, roma cherry tomatoes, pecans, cucumber, pear and marinated pecan was all it took to bring back some inner peace.

I think I said once before that I confuse myself.  This hasn't changed. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment