Thursday, July 8, 2010

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about."


 I've missed doing nothing.  Like Oscar Wilde (from whom I pilfered the above quote), I think I excel at it.  I just don't do it enough.
I'm just finishing off my two week holiday break and I don't want to go back to work.  No offense to the education system, but I'm quite happy at home sleeping, eating, sometimes moving and doing odd bits of reading and writing.  In between all that I get moments of nothing, blissful islands of time where I really don't have to achieve a thing.
I'm a bit scared about going back to work.  I'm going to have to achieve things, not only that but I'm going to have to show other people how they can achieve too.  I know it's supposed to be something good-to be a leader and an educator, but right at the moment it sucks. 
Nothing gets a bad rap, ("Nothing shall come of nothing, speak again" King Lear to daughter Cordelia just before he kicks her out of his castle and kingdom) mostly because the urge to do something meaningful and worthwhile has overtaken the value of just kinda hanging around. 
Over the next day or two I'm going to have to get excited about losing nothing.  Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment